Tried something new and made two variations of milk sweets changing one ingredient, the taste and texture changed drastically!
Main dish – 2 tbsp milk powder, 1 tbsp flour, 1 cup milk, 3 tsp sugar, pinch of salt and
Topping – Crushed pistachios
- Add and mix all the dry ingredients for the main dish in a deep pan
- Set the pan on the stove on medium heat
- Add the milk and start mixing
- Let it condense (takes about 30 minutes)
- When the consistency thickens, scoop it in a shallow dish and set to shape
- Top with with crushed pistachios
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Cut and serve
Preparation Time: 30 minutes (and 45 minutes to refrigerate), Serves: 3- 4
Added all the ingredients in the main dish list above and cooked exactly as per process above. Dish came out like a gelatin pudding! Tastes like Indian Kalakhand (Bengali sweet dish) 🙂
Included all ingredients except the flour and prepared the dish. Tasted like a condensed milk sweet, more commonly known as Khoa (or Palkova), another Indian dish! The color changed when the milk started boiling and condensing!
Both dishes tasted awesome, texture and color came out very different! Easy to make recipes!
One thought on “Milk sweet – Khoa”