Inspired and loved by millions, the father of mindfulness Thich Nhat Hanh leaves us with his teachings!!! Sharing some of his thought provoking messages!
Thích Nhất Hạnh was a Buddhist monk, peace activist recognized as the main inspiration for engaged Buddhism. Lovingly, he is called as the “Father of mindfulness”. He taught mindfulness in a way that connected with one & all, and inspired people to follow it in principle.
Some of his popular quotes
- Walk as if you are kissing the earth with your feet!
- Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
- You have to realize that happiness is not something you find at the end of the road. You have to understand it is here, now!
- To be loved means, to be recognized as existing.
- Anxiety, the illness of our time comes primarily from our inability to live in the present moment.
- You cannot transmit wisdom to another person. The seed is already there. A good teacher touches the seed, allowing it to wake up, sprout and grow.
- Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.
Anyone interested in following his blog, attending sessions & memorial services can find more details here -> https://plumvillage.org/worldwide-memorial-services/
May He continue to guide us from beyond 🙏🏻