Keeping our blood pressure under control is tough for many, especially given these testing times. Sharing some home remedies that I learned while growing up and that have worked over generations!
Sharing the ones that I have personally shared and tried with some of my friends, relatives and colleagues and those that have helped control blood pressure.
- Food and Diet based cures: Cumin seeds are known to have a lot of medicinal properties.
- Cumin tea: In a cup of water, boil cumin seeds for 10 minutes. Drain it, add some honey (if you want) and drink it twice a day.
- Cumin, Coriander tea: In a cup of water, boil 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds. Drain, add some honey (if you want) and drink it – once or twice a day. Aids digestion and helps control blood pressure.
- Rasam: Is one of the mostly eaten south Indian dishes, can be taken as a soup (most of you would know it as Mulligatawny soup). Rasam Recipe
2. Mudras (breathing and hand positions)
One needs to both the Prana Mudra for 15 minutes and Vyana mudra for 50 minutes for best results.
Lavender oil is known to have a calming effect. A blend of Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Marjoram and Neroli essential oils have been known to have a positive effect in controlling blood pressure levels. For starters, just take 1-2 drops of lavender oil and rub it on your palms and smell it. Mind calms down in a few minutes. Then take a few deep breaths.
Read a quote somewhere..
“One way to get high blood pressure is to go mountain climbing over molehills“
Think about things on your mind that you need not think right away and push it out to later.. maybe 10 minutes later, maybe 1 hour later, maybe you can think about it next week. Tell your mind to remind you to smile 🙂 It makes a difference in calming your mind down and letting your body take control over your mind.
As always, please use these as home remedies for quick relief and not as a medical guidance. Please do reach out to a medical professional as you deem fit.