Summer salads are a great combination of fruits, vegetables, cheese, lemon and greens, especially with a squeeze of lemon – making them perfect for this HOT weather! Sharing some of the must-try salads!
- Watermelon Cucumber, Feta and Mint salad: Add some chopped walnuts / pecans and a squeeze of lemon for additional flavor. One of the best salads that makes you feel refreshed and wanting more! A Rumanian friend taught me this recipe 🙂
2. Tomato, Apricot, Feta cheese and Mint salad: Add in some cranberries, chopped walnuts / pecans and a squeeze of lemon for additional flavor
3. Pear, apricot, pomegranate and apple salad: Add in some ground black pepper, squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt for additional flavor. Try to grill the peaches/pears and apricots for a different flavor!
4. Spinach, strawberry, avacado, feta cheese salad: Add in some chopped nuts and a pinch of ground pepper and squeeze of lemon for taste!
5. Avacado Mango salad: Add in some finely chopped shallots, and small grape tomatoes with a Vinaigrette or a squeeze of lemon
6. Thai Mango salad: Mango, carrots, onions and red peppers are cut uniformly (thin & long sliced). Add sprouted beans, squeeze of lemon and salt/pepper to taste.
7. Cucumber mango salad: Dice cucumbers and mango into cubes and sprinkle some sesame seeds, freshly chopped coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon, with salt to taste.
8. Grilled cantaloupe salad with feta cheese: Am looking forward to trying this out this week. Grilled cantaloupe, thinly sliced cucumber, feta cheese, finely cut shallots, chopped coriander leaves (or mint leaves), chopped nuts, squeeze of lemon and salt/pepper to taste.
9. Kale salad with almonds and cranberries: This combination is readily available at our local walmart. Add some orange slices, and switch the balsamic viniagrette italian dressing.
10. Greek salad with tomatoes and grapes: Add some sliced black olives, feta cheese and chopped nuts, squeeze of lemon and salt/pepper to taste.
Hope you enjoy your summer with these fresh fruits and veggie salads.
I enjoyed making most of these with my family and loved writing this, if you liked reading it, don’t forget to like the blog, share with friends and subscribe to the learningthursdays blog below.