Staying fit is important to maintain our physical and mental health. Buddying up definitely helps!
Trying to be part of a group that focuses on fitness is a good start. Better still, tag your friends along and create new memories while helping each other keep fit.
- Brisk walk for 30 minutes three times a week
- Squats – Start with 1, 5, 10, 20.. increasing slowly all the way to 200 over a month
- Jog 15-30 minutes
- Walk for 10,000 steps a day
- Short run on the treadmill or around the block
- Rowing – 5 minutes
- Planks – 5 minutes
- Meditation – Sit comfortably and relax your mind while taking slow deep breaths
- Suryanamaskar – Start with 1 and slowly progress to 12 over a month
- Bicycle – 15-20 minutes
Pick any of the above.
Tag a friend or group who will join you on the journey.
Plan different activities across weeks to sustain your motivation
Celebrate when you reach your milestones/goals
When you are in a group, as long as one person starts the activity – the enthusiasm spreads and the energy in the group helps us sustain the momentum!
Cook a few meals (or be ready to order takeouts) when you are starting off (body aches will prevent you from stepping into the kitchen to cook :))