It has been around 16 days since I started the project. First harvest today!
Started the project 15 days back and shared two posts on the process I had followed. Today is my 3rd post and am ready for my first harvest!
Day 1 -> Growing Microgreens
Day 8 -> Growing Microgreens
Day 15 -> Growing Microgreens (Ready to harvest)
My first Microgreens grown Hydroponic way (without soil, with just water)!
View of the top leaves and bottom roots growing in water!
- Leaves are darker in color than normal leaves
- Water needs to be changed daily
- The paper covering on top gets very dirty soon. Using a kitchen tissue as covering was better till seeds sprouted!
- During week 2 filling the bottom tray with water helped promote growth
- On some leaves, the original seed still seems to be seen (this does not happen when it grows in soil)
- Roots grow thick, dense and long. May help if there is more space between top and bottom trays
- The trays can be used for seeds that are big (not useful for mustard and herbs)
- Did not need to add any other nutrients or plant food – so, totally grown organically!
One thought on “Microgreens – Week #3 – ready to harvest”